Welcome Yall!
Thats how we say it in the South!! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I update this pretty regularly with all the pictures I take and often share a word or two about things that I have going on! I would love to get to know you, so leave me a comment and "be in my balcony!" If you would like to subscribe to my blog, you can do so by entering your email below. You will be updated each time there is a new entry.Well, I look forward to getting to know you. Please let me know if you have any questions and I would love to create a beautiful memoir of your family, wedding, or love story :D

               Love each other,
                      Amanda Suanne

To subscribe, enter your email address:


May 8, 2008

My Joy List

Howdy, I just got back from church it was fun. I talked about Tongue Control :D It was awesome and relevant, and more importantly the kids loved it. It was based off of James 1:19; 3.

Anyways...a while ago (Thanksgiving 06) my husband's side of the family went to Colorado to go skiing. (Although a majority of my time was spent sitting in the hot tube or by the fire.) During that time we all made something called "The Joy List." It is a concept Josh's Dad created where you make a list of anything and everything that you can think of that brings you JOY. Then you give it to all the people in your life that you love and spend time with. That way they can do things that bring you joy! Anyways it sounds so simple, but it really helps people connect and do things that make someone else's day! So let me hear your Joy List and then post it on your blog and tag some people to share their Joy List!! Lets spread some Joy and be in each others Balcony!!

Okay here it goes... My Joy List

1. Jesus
2. Josh, my ultra hot hubby
3. My Family - Mom, Dad, Sister, Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents ext....
4. Animals, Sophie and Oliver are awesome...
5. Cream Soda
6. Funyons and Boiled Peanuts
7. Coloring
8. Girly things.... anything Pink or adorned with lace , manicures, pedicures, make up and Fashion
9. Magazines
10. Imogean Heap
11. Going to shows with Josh
12. MILOS ( amazing restaurant in AL)
13. Photography
14. Perfume and lotions
15. Laying out in the Sun
16. Reading a good book
17. Taking long walks when its pretty outside
18. Going on dates with the love of my life
19. daisies and fresh flowers
20. I love when people make me mixed CDs... I think its awesome
21. I love getting hidden notes... like Dad use to do in my Lunch Box
22. Singing
23. Playing the Piano and leading worship
24. Missions
25. Antique Hymnals
26. Surprises
27. getting sweet comments on my blog
28. making new friends, and connecting with old ones
29. Sun Dresses
30. The Office
31. shopping
32. making someone smile makes me feel so happy
33. cooking, cleaning and doing wifey things
34. country music... well all types
35. and last on my list is corn and mash-potatoes mixed....

Ahh there are so many things that make my happy!! It feels so good to think about all those things and I am sure I could have gone on and on and on.... Thats what we should do in life, think of things that make us happy, and do things to make others happy. Life would be so "Joyful" if we took time to see what makes other people happy and acted on it! Lets all love one another, encourage one another, lift people up and do things to bring them Joy!!

9 comments:

The Runyans said...

i love it..........i kind of have one on my blog...i just call it..i love...i love that you wrote JOY....Jesus, Others, You!!!!

Lisette Price Photography said...

Yay for this! Thanks for the tag - I've just posted mine up. I never knew you played the piano. That's awesome. :) This post just shows another side of your sunny personality!

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

i love it!!! what a happy post, it just makes you smile when you read them. i'll put mine up as soon as i get back on track with my editing ect. not on my joy list..editing :)

Anonymous said...

Great BLOG - excellent posts, excellent photos - we love it all! But come on, #33..."cleaning" blahhh! Great Job to you & Josh!

Katrina Wheeler Photography said...

Yea,h how can cleaning be a joy? I need to learn that one :) But anyways, Amazing post, I love this joy list, I need to do one of my own, Jesus is definitely #1 on mine and so awesome you are proud to post it on yours! I can't wait to meet you, you seem like a really cool person!

Katrina Wheeler Photography said...

Just noticed one of your joys I missed originally, THE OFFICE?!?! My favorite show! I love Love Jim!! Lol!!

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

fact: the office rules!!!

Amanda Suanne said...

Thanks yall :D

umm and okay let me clarify the cleaning thing :D....I guess more than saying cleaning is a joy... I should have said.. doing wifey things makes me happy...and when the house IS clean than I feel Joyful!! Ha ha

and yes the office is the bomb.com (wow I haven't said that since 8th grade )

Anonymous said...

man I am taking forever to get to my list, but I will get to it!! I think it's such a great idea anyway, to remember to be thankful for the things in life that bring us joy :)


(oh and I totally agree about The Office! That show is crazy funny!)

To subscribe, enter your email address: